Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] How to create an RPG Maker game CIA file
This tutorial will guide you in how to make a CIA file which will automatically start an RPG Maker 2k/2k3 game using EasyRPG like this one: https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/statu...9761216512

Note: Steps for this guide are the same even if you use Linux or other systems. You just have to replace toolset (makerom + 3dstool + bannertool) with working versions for your OS.

Note 2: If you have already prepared CIA Builder before, you can start following this tutorial fro  Step 2.3.

Step 1: Get the necessary files and tools

Step 2: Prepare CIA Builder

1. Extract CIA Builder archive
  2. Extract the ELF build file in app folder
  3. Place your RPG Maker 2000/2003 game in romfs folder
  4. (Optional) Customize your icon, banner and sound by editing files in assets folder. (Wav file must be 3 secs)
Step 3: Build the CIA file

1. Launch build.bat script and follow the on-screen instructions
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rinnegatamante's post:
  • gnmmarechal
3 seconds exactly?
like no shorter and no longer than 3.00000 seconds?
Yes, if you use longer wav files, your banner binary will be probably corrupted.
  • gnmmarechal
Hi there, I'm sorry to ask what is no doubt a total noob question, but there are some things I don't quite get.

1. what about the RTP, is that supposed to be somewhere on the SD card?
2. when I install this CIA using NASA, it doesn't show up in my home menu. Am I right in expecting it to be there or should it be somewhere else? Also, I'm using a Japanese console, firmware 10.3.0-28J (I've got menuhax installed)

Maybe it doesn't work for me because I also could not get easyrpg itself to run, it asks me for a title to run the program with but all the ones I've tried seem to freeze the 3DS.
You can place RTP data files together with game files.
As for the CIA not properly showing: what unique id are you using during creation? Try also to use only ASCII chars for author and title (shouldn't be a problem but never tried with UTF8 chars). As for the freezes, can you take a photo to the screen where you get that freeze?
  • gnmmarechal
(05-05-2016, 05:41 PM)Rinnegatamante Wrote: You can place RTP data files together with game files.
As for the CIA not properly showing: what unique id are you using during creation? Try also to use only ASCII chars for author and title (shouldn't be a problem but never tried with UTF8 chars). As for the freezes, can you take a photo to the screen where you get that freeze?

you didn't read it. He has Menuhax with NASA on 10.3.

He can't install it.

(05-05-2016, 03:56 PM)dada78641 Wrote: Hi there, I'm sorry to ask what is no doubt a total noob question, but there are some things I don't quite get.

1. what about the RTP, is that supposed to be somewhere on the SD card?
2. when I install this CIA using NASA, it doesn't show up in my home menu. Am I right in expecting it to be there or should it be somewhere else? Also, I'm using a Japanese console, firmware 10.3.0-28J (I've got menuhax installed)

Maybe it doesn't work for me because I also could not get easyrpg itself to run, it asks me for a title to run the program with but all the ones I've tried seem to freeze the 3DS.

You can't install non-legit CIAs on 10.3. You need CFW for that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gnmmarechal's post:
  • Rinnegatamante
(05-05-2016, 03:56 PM)dada78641 Wrote: it doesn't work for me because I also could not get easyrpg itself to run, it asks me for a title to run the program with but all the ones I've tried seem to freeze the 3DS.

That's for 3dsx from Homebrew launcher only.
When you get the list it means you don't have the updated youtube channel installed.

Try the eshop channel as a target or insert a game cartridge, many of them will work...
[-] The following 1 user Likes mastak's post:
  • Rinnegatamante
I see, I will have to get a CFW! Thanks for helping me out!
When I start build.bat I get: "Powershell' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
What can I do ?
What's your OS?